The following is a list of seminars and lectures sponsored by Dominican University Graduate School of Library Science, River Forest, IL.
A Season of Engagement Dominican University Graduate School of Library and Information Science Welcome’s Library Leaders this Fall
• Monday, October 8, 2007, 4 pm Emerging Library Leaders for the 21st Century Seminar Series, Crown Library’s Springer Suites. “Managing the Virtual Library” presented by Jane Burke, Vice President, ProQuest Information and Learning; General Manager, Serial Solutions; and 2007 Dominican GSLIS Alumna of the Year.
• Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 6:30 pm McCusker Lecture, LOCATION???. “Matter and Energy: A Luddite Looks at Libraries” presented by Stephanie Mills. Author of Epicurean Simplicity, and Whatever Happened to Ecology? and editor of Turning Away From Technology, Mills muses on books and libraries as technics, and the energy budget of the Interweb.
• Monday, October 22, 2007, 4 pm Emerging Library Leaders for the 21st Century Seminar Series, Crown Library’s Springer Suites. “Government Information Services, Policies and Programs: The Future Role of Libraries” presented by John Shuler, Associate Professor and Government Information Documents Librarian, University of Illinois, Chicago.
• Monday, November 5, 2007, 4 pm Emerging Library Leaders for the 21st Century Seminar Series, Crown Library’s Springer Suites. “Building for Tomorrow: Twenty-First Century Academic Library Buildings” presented by Michael Gorman, University Librarian Emeritus, California State University, Fresno and Past President, American Library Association.
• Monday, November 19, 2007, 4 pm Emerging Library Leaders for the 21st Century Seminar Series. Crown Library’s Springer Suites. “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Résumés, Cover Letters, and Interview Planning” presented by Lenora Berendt, GSLIS Coordinator of Student Placement.
All Programs held at Dominican University 7900 West Division Street, River Forest, Illinois 60305.
RSVPs recommended but not required.
Call (708)524-6845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or for more information.